Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ya gotta die of something ...


If you know me then you know I love coffee, which makes me a very cheap date - especially since I recently discovered 7-Eleven’s mocha iced coffee. Much cheaper than Starbucks and conveniently located right next to the Krispy Kreme display (of which I just inhale the fumes - I do not consume!), I thought I had discovered liquid gold. Yes, it’s THAT good. But knowing that anything that tastes good is going to kill me and wanting to avoid a repeat of the great pumpkin latte ass bloat of 2009, I decided to check out the nutritional info online just to make sure I wasn’t ingesting 16 ounces of pure Crisco. To my horror, the results were, well, horrifying. I discovered that besides drinking 6 grams of fat, THERE IS NO COFFEE IN MY ICED COFFEE DRINK!!! Coffee “extract" is used as a coffee flavoring ingredient. Really, 7-Eleven? Shouldn't this drink be called "Iced Coffee Extract"?? I take part of the blame for this disturbing discovery. I just shouldn't of looked. I should have remained in my ignorant bliss, where coffee doesn't kill, running to the refrigerator is exercise, and losing five pounds means putting my purse down. So there you have it. Once again, curiosity killed the grumpy woman's joy. My one daily treat. Ruined. No more thanking heaven for 7-Eleven. But at least I'll always have the Krispy Kreme fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment